Your daily (Mon-Fri) roundup of links from around the blogosphere, typically Trail Blazers related.
• The Oregonian’s Joe Freeman has a great article on Rudy Fernandez adding the teardrop shot to his arsenal. More importantly in my opinion, we get this money quote from Coach Nate:
When the Blazers acquired center Marcus Camby on Tuesday, they did more than simply shore up their front line. By trading away proven veterans Travis Outlaw and, especially, Steve Blake, coach Nate McMillan said Blazers management showed that they “have committed to Rudy and (Jerryd) Bayless being our backup guards for the future.”
If I had made a bet, I do believe that Dwight Jaynes would owe me dinner.
• The Oregonian has some news for those of you affected by the Comcast debacle.
• Brandon Roy will try to play vs. Boston. Good idea? Bad idea? You tell us, but please, unless you are Willis Reed, don’t call Roy soft. I’m giving you the Cliff Notes version of a long story, but I once was hit by my friend’s 97’ Crown Victoria at 40 mph, I bounced off his hood and then went through the windshield. After making sure nothing was broken too badly, and tying off my arm to staunch the blood flow, we realized that driving the car was probably a bad idea and would attract the attention of the local authorities. So I walked the better part of a mile to the hospital to go get the glass removed from my body. After all that, I still do not feel qualified to tell a professional athlete that they are “soft” for not wanting to risk their careers (and millions of dollars) to push through a potentially devastating injury during a non-championship season.
• Bust a Bucket checks in on our dearly departed friends, Blake and Outlaw.
• Dave from BlazersEdge takes a look at Portland’s roster dynamics post-Camby trade.
• It’s going to be a mad dash to the finish for this trade season. Rumors are swirling and GM’s are playing their multi-million dollar shell game. What trades that are going down will significantly impact the rest of Portland’s season? Are the Kings making a push for the 8th seed? They sure will if they land David Lee in a trade for McGrady. Let us know what you think in the comments below.
• P.S. Rumor has it that former Blazer Sergio Rodriguez will be getting his shot in New York. That’s a tailor-made situation for Sergio, if he can’t put up great numbers there, then I think we can finally put the great debate to rest. However, if he succeeds, we will be very happy for him.