Your daily (Mon-Fri) roundup of links from around the blogosphere, typically Trail Blazers related.
• As the trade deadline gets ever closer, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports reports that the Blazers may be working on a three way trade to bring Tyrus Thomas to Portland, but the asking price is Sasha Vujacic (which we can all agree, is too high). Instead, Portland is asking around to see if anybody wants “The Machine.” Since Adam Morrison would be part of this rumored deal, this historic trade would rank off the charts of John Hollinger’s little known PCR (Player Crying Rating) formula.
• Rob Mahoney over at Pro Basketball Talk takes a look at why teams want Tyrus Thomas regardless of how he fits.
• If you haven’t listened to this podcast with The Oregonian’s Jason Quick, you should. Quick talks trade deadline buzz, Nic Batum love, the Rudy situation, etc.
• Dave from BlazersEdge takes a look at the season so far and what’s up ahead for the Trail Blazers.
• Bradford Doolittle and Kevin Pelton have a great back-and-forth conversation about the season league wide.
• I told you last time that Wendell Maxey thinks that the Blazers won’t make a move at the deadline, here is his reasoning. Maxey also reports that Roy doesn’t know when he’ll be back from his injury.
Roy doesn’t know when he’ll be back for the Blazers. And now after missing 14 of the last 15 games, the Blazers don’t even know when Roy will step on the floor again. Here’s what Portland does know - from the franchise to the die hard fans: if the Blazers are going to remain in the playoff picture in the Western Conference, Roy has to be part of that vision soon.
• Geoffrey C. Arnold of The Oregonian covers Roy’s All Star adventure. Kobe loves him some Roy.
• Coup from Rip City Project analyzes the Wizards/Mavericks trade. In my opinion, this trade gives Dallas a punchers chance to unseat Los Angeles in the Western Conference, but the Nuggets are still the team with the best shot to beat the Lakers this season.
• Brian T. Smith of The Columbian hands out grades for the season so far. Wait, Oden fractured his patella against Miami? Eh, all teams in red uniforms look the same.