Your daily (Mon-Fri) roundup of links from around the blogosphere, typically Trail Blazers related (Ed's note: It's late because I am -Andrew).
- Marc Stein says Portland has talked about Brendan Haywood and Brad Miller, with the Wizards and Bulls respectively. However, Haywood for Rudy and Batum? Hell no. Eric Freeman of the Baseline agrees, but thinks that Kevin Pritchard might make a deal happen somehow anyways.
- Ric Bucher(via twitter) has this to say about the trade deadline:
"Epicenter" of trade talk, 1 GM says, has shifted from Wizards to Suns, courtesy of Amare's availability. Sixers also unlikely to stand pat.
The Warriors play fast. How fast? They average three more possessions per game than the next fastest team, five more than the Suns, and thirteen more than the Portland Trail Blazers. Brandon Roy's 22.5 points per game looks much better now compared to Monta Ellis' 26.1, doesn't it?
- Kevin Pelton lists the best non-Allstars of the modern era.
- Rahat Huq of red94 has an amazing breakdown of Trevor Arizas' game.
- What would I do against this Houston team? I would use Aldridge to shade Brooks, similar to how Portland played Chicago last year, and try to get the ball out of Brooks ultra quick hands and let Ariza shoot. What about Landry and Luis Scola you say? Well, my answer to that particular problem is in a knee brace at the moment… Do you have a better strategy? Let us now in the comments.