Your daily (Mon-Fri) roundup of links from around the blogosphere, typically Trail Blazers related.
- You know what always eases the pain after a tough loss Duck fans? Watching the Blazers beat the Knicks.
- Joe Freeman of The Oregonian, checked out Blazer practice yesterday following the tough defeat to the Heat. Freeman asks Coach McMillan about the final play of regulation, the one that found a freezing cold Andre Miller taking the deciding shot(s) of the game.
“I thought Andre had a pretty decent look and it didn’t go down. The difference is you make that shot you win with no time on the clock and if you don’t, you gotta go into overtime and get it. So we had our go-to guys, the guys that we played off of in a two-man game.”
A designed high screen and roll is the usual play run by the Blazers at the end of regulation in a tight game, only this time the Blazers were without All-Star Brandon Roy initiating the offense. Obviously, the play is not as effective with an ice cold Miller running it.
- In NBA non-news, Carmelo Anthony trade talks are getting ugly. Bruce Arthur of The National Post believes Carmelo Anthony has made some mistakes trying to force a trade.
- John Hollinger of ESPN (Insider) discusses six good NBA teams that are flying under the radar; the Blazers are one of them.
- Per your NBA D-League update, Antoine Walker is Killing it. Seventh Grade me is begging for him to be called up and let’s be honest, would it be worse than having Luke Babbitt on the bench? If not Walker, definitely this guy needs some consideration.
- Because it’s a relatively slow news day concerning the Blazers, Here is a picture of Nate Robinson displaying his “3 goggles”. There is no more exclusivity with the goggles, and if I see Timofey Mozgov throw them up tonight, I am just going to snap.
- Make sure to check out what TrueHoop Network sister site, Knickerblogger has to say about the game tonight.